[Gllug] Fetchmail for broadband mail server?

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 19:22:55 UTC 2006

I need to build a file/mail server for a 10-client LAN and the client's main
requirement is that it be quiet. However, I don't want to build too low spec
so can anyone advise on CPU/case. I'd like to use a single Opteron 252 on a
socket 940 Tyan board but maybe it will require a noisy fan?

The mailserver will be required to retrieve from POP3 accounts. I hear
Fetchmail was designed for dialup connections so is it appropriate for a
broadband connection?

Garry
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk