[Gllug] I can't work out if this guy is a genius troll or just a complete fool

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed Apr 26 18:53:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 03:41:02PM +0100, will wrote:
> http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/linux-european-threat-to-our-computers.html

That's quite funny ...

I didn't think Americans had a sense of irony before I read this
comment on the story:

  Thanks for posting my article Shelley; I submitted this to the
  mainstream IT press, but none of them wanted to know. It's shocking to
  learn that the same liberal bias that infects mainstream news-sources
  also affects the technical press.

  Yes, Linux is a primative European clone; It is much less capable than
  Windows. In fact it omits features that were standard in Windows back
  in 1998; For example Linux has no built-in anti-virus or anti-spyware
  software.

  You cannot even buy popular utilities like Norton Security to
  compensate for this fact. There are no tools for common tasks like
  defragging a hard disk. God knows what you would use to send a fax or
  make a website. You cannot even get Front Page for Linux.

  Linux is that bad; The only explaination I can think for people using
  it is that it by-passes the protection given by American companies and
  the Dept of Homeland Security. It should be considered a terrorist
  program.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.