[Gllug] Re: Asterisk

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 16:20:18 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 05:14:08PM +0100, David Abbishaw wrote:

> >Message: 1
> >Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:55:21 +0000
> >From: SteveC <steve at asklater.com>
> >Subject: [Gllug] Asterisk
> >To: gllug at gllug.org.uk
> >

> Hi Steve,
>
> I use asterisk as an answering machine mainly, this uses an X100p
> clone card that I bought for about £15.  When a call comes in if its
> not answered withing about 25 seconds asterisk takes a messages and
> emailes a wav file to a distribution list so that the house hold gets
> the message at various email addresses (home and work etc),  I've also
> been able to patch it so that the message includes caller ID, although
> you will need the caller ID service from BT.  This also then gets logged
> to a csv for later reporting.
>
> Doesn't need a beefy machine P400 is plenty.

Hi David,

don't want to steal Steve's mojo, but I want to hop into this
interesting thread! I wondered if you also made outgoing pot calls over
your x100p clone through asterisk, and if so, what the quality was like.

I have seen comments in the past that the diguim cards were the way to go
but as someone else said, they are not cheap.

Thanks,

Ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435