[Gllug] Chinese Virus Warning?

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:06:56 UTC 2006

On 05/04/06, Steve Nelson <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> One my clients has received a confidential warning of a new e-mail
> borne electronic attack emanating from China. The warning came from a
> confidential Government briefing, so the client has been unable to
> share any further details.

This sounds suspiciously like a mail we received on the HantsLUG list
recently warning of "some threat" which they were told about by
"someone in govt" who they "trust".

I call baloney. In fact I'd go as far as to say that this sounds like
the kind of caper to encite people to send *exactly* the mail you have
which has now arrived in a few hundred inboxes. Just glad the text
didn't say "FORWARD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!!!!".

I call baloney.

Cheers.
Al.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk