[Gllug] Time for new mobo - server for thin clients at home?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 11:42:27 UTC 2006

On 07/04/06, Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> wrote:
> > Now, can all this be done from a single PC?

> > What spec do the terminals need to be to give decent performance?
>
> Are you going to do a K12Linux sort of thing (http://www.k12ltsp.org/)
> so it's pure terminal serving?  Concentrate on input/output - by which
> I mean get good monitors, keywords and mice.

New version of LTSP 4.2 came out last week its very good, and the
intructions to get LTSP working are relativly simple. All you really
need on the server is memory. and lots of it. but if your only talking
about a client or two you should not have any problems we have more
like 10 clients running 24x7 and no problems. I have been thinking of
organising a talk on LTSP would anyone be intrested..... (I'm no good
at public speaking)

Peter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk