[Gllug] Compaq Smart Array

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Fri Apr 7 12:25:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a couple of boxen using compaq smart array controllers,
controlling a RAID 1 mirror.

One of the disks has failed and according the the docs it should just
automagially rebuild, however it doesn't. :(

I have downloaded and installed the "hpacucli" tool but it doesn't have
an option for manually starting the rebuilding process, because it is
just done automagically but it isn't. :(

In hpacucli it get this regarding the setup.

=> ctrl slot=0 array A logicaldrive all show

Integrated Smart Array in Slot 0

  array A
   logicaldrive 1 (16.9 GB, 1+0, Ready for Rebuild)

=> ctrl slot=0 array A logicaldrive all show status

logicaldrive 1 (16.9 GB, 1+0): Ready for recovery.

=> ctrl slot=0 array A pd all show status

physicaldrive 2:0 (port 2:id 0, 18.2 GB): OK
physicaldrive 2:1 (port 2:id 1, 18.2 GB): OK

I love this sort of stuff on a Friday. ;)

Any one got any experience of these kind of boxen and could offer any
advise.

--
Peace Jim :-)

 Selfishness is not doing what you want to do. It's making other people
 do what you want to do.
 --Oscar Wilde

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk