[Gllug] Print preview program

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 08:37:13 UTC 2006

andrew Black writes:

>Is there a Linux program around that would let you
>  - preview pages before printing
>  - delete pages (eg when the crap at the bottom of a web pages takes
>you to next page :-(

Most Unix applications output PostScript. You can use ghostscript or
one of its many front ends available to view it before printing, and
selectively drop pages etc. I'd recommend gv, or at a push, evince. If
you're getting adventurous, you could probably set up a printer that
outputs to a named pipe or somesuch that automatically pipes stuff
into gv. Personally, I don't print enough to have bothered, and I just
do it manually when necessary.

>  - print 1 or many jobs 2 to a page

mpage does this.

Tet