[Gllug] Print preview program

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Fri Apr 7 17:02:16 UTC 2006

Hi Andrew,

if you are using KDE then the kprinter dialogs will do this (as long as
the app uses kprinter that is - some like Firefox do not)

andrew Black wrote:
> Is there a Linux program around that would let you
>  - preview pages before printing

Print preview checkbox on the dialog

>  - delete pages (eg when the crap at the bottom of a web pages takes you
> to next page :-(

once viewing the preview you can select the pages you want to actually
print and then print them

>  - print 1 or many jobs 2 to a page

in the properties for the printer there's usually a pages per sheet option.

You specifically mentioned web pages so I'll mention firefox. As said FF
doesn't use kprinter by default. Pre-1.5 you used to be able to get
around this by setting the print command to kprinter (you still can in
Thunderbird) but I'm not sure if you can do this now - never tried
really. You might have to get into about:config to change the printer
command.

cheers
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk