[Gllug] OT - chip & pin

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 10:42:35 UTC 2006

I guess if the Tesco till system is transmitting the PIN info in clear form
between the keypad device and the Tesco till/computer system  you then have
the prefect excuse for denying liability should your card be used fraudently
as some future date  !!

I have to admit that I believe the notion of a simple 4-digit number as a
means of security is somewhat flawed.  A random number of characters using
a 'old style telephone' keypad with letters on each numeric key would seem
much better, since users could then use a more-easily remembered word as a
PIN  !

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk