[Gllug] recomend color lasar linux printer?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sat Apr 8 08:11:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 08:26 +0100, sinclair budd wrote:
> I am about to buy a color lasar printer for my linux box.
>
>  Thinking about HP2600n or Xerox Phaser 6120.

This reminds me.  Tidying out my store the other day I came across my
Xerox Phaser 840 which is surplus to my requirements.  A word of warning
- it currently doesn't work - but if anyone wants it to get it fixed (or
fix it yourself) it's available free, gratis and for nothing.  I need
the space.  It also has a reasonable supply of ink blocks (it uses solid
ink), and Xerox used to supply black ink for free.

I don't think it's seriously broken.  It was working fine (produces
output much like a glossy magazine) and then one morning just wouldn't
power up.  I have no knowledge of the internals of these things, so have
done nothing at all with it.

This is a serious bit of printing kit.  One person can lift it, but H&S
would probably insist on two.  Available free to anyone who can collect
it from Wallingford

Cheers,
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk