[Gllug] recomend color lasar linux printer?

Ryan Cartwright ryan at crimperman.org
Sat Apr 8 14:40:19 UTC 2006

sinclair budd wrote:
> I am about to buy a color lasar printer for my linux box.
>
>  Thinking about HP2600n or Xerox Phaser 6120.
>  Notice from www.linuxprinting.org that the linux support for the HP is a bit flaky in color.
> Has anyone any recomendations.
>  The HP2550 appears to be going out of
> production.
>  The problem seems to arise with the non-postscript printers (
> cheaper of course).

Judging by the ones you've mentioned this may be out of your budget but
I have had excellent experiences with Kyocera's. We use the 2050+ (mono)
and the 5020N (colour) from their FS range. The colour ones are in the
£700-£900 range but in terms of cost efficiency they pay for themselves
quite quickly. Linux PPD's on the driver CD as well. I'd had numerous
problems with Epson lasers in the past (mono and colour) but had used
some older Kyocera's in a previous job. They were like a breath of
fresah air when we got them here.

cheers
Ryan
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk