[Gllug] Dedicated servers

Matthew Thompson matt.thompson at actuality.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 16:20:29 UTC 2006

Martyn Drake wrote:
> Get back vile beast, Fasthosts!
>
> Fasthosts should be avoided at all costs.  Not only do they have the
> network redundancy of a dead gnat, but their support team is next to
> useless.  Only Pipex/HostEurope could possibly be considered even worse.
Totally agree. I was shafted by Fasthosts with a server which kept
hanging. They blamed the software I was running so I ran their re-setup
routine which re-partitions and re installs and it hung doing that. They
refused to refund me at all even though it was obviously their fault and
refused to move me to a new server - their solution was that I sign up
for a new server and they may possibly refund me for part of the time it
took me to move over.

I'm now hosting in the US with superb.net - drop me a line if you're
interested as they have a few recommendation type offers and it may make
them cheaper.

M at t :o)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk