[Gllug] 3gp players/encoders for nix

Mark Sayer goltor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:30:39 UTC 2006

> Thanks for the tip about Realplayer - which does indeed play the sound.
>
> What I really wanted was a means to transcode these things into something
> more web-friendly - anybody got any clues as to how to do that (short of
> writing the code which I assume is an option as this most be an open
> format)

I have found vlc to be the best media player under linux by far. vlc also
has a streaming capability where you can stream in a different video/audio
format of your choosing. I'm sure you could therefore use this to your
advantage.

vlc - www.videolan.org/*vlc*/ <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/> ( source
available ;-) )