[Gllug] Software Freedom Day

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Tue Aug 15 08:39:07 UTC 2006

Hello,

Our next GLLUG meeting is on Saturday 16th September which is also
Software Freedom Day.

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org

We are going to have a technical meeting at our usual Westminster
University venue but I think it would be great to organise some
"extra-curricular" activities to mark the day.

1. I'd like to ask for volunteers to help organise and run the events on
this day. It is going to take a little bit of planning so if you are
interested please mail me offlist.

2. We currently have one speaker booked to talk at the meeting. Malcolm
Yates works for Canonical on the Ubuntu GNU/Linux distribution and he
will be presenting a talk.

We need more speakers! I'd especially like to hear talks on subjects
that interest the members of the LUG that are less experienced with
Linux

* How to backup using tar and gzip/bzip
* Basic MySQL
* How to install a Wordpress blog
* Software management using RPM/APT

If you would like to present a talk (beer included!) or know of a
potential speaker please let me know.

Thanks

~sm