[Gllug] Even more increased airport security announced.

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Aug 24 22:19:29 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 09:09:02PM +0100, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
> > Raw ingredients are easily available -- hexamine tablets, citric acid
> > and strong hydrogen peroxide.
>
> Where can you easily get 100 volume peroxide these days? I'm not aware
> of anywhere outside a chemical supplier, which makes it a bit harder to
> manufacture for Joe average.

We used to make bangers with 20- and 30- vol from Boots.  But I
suppose that if you're good friends with a hairdresser then the
stronger stuff isn't out of reach...

> You don't need to pack HMTD - its burn velocity is sufficiently high
> that any loose containment would do. A small medicine bottle with 20
> grams or so would more than suffice to put a hole in a plane, and you
> wouldn't even need to close the bottle - just drop a match in through
> the open top.

Well we never made more than around 5 grams[*] or so in one batch.
But it was tricky to detonate unless it was totally "confined and
compressed" - it would just flare up.  Maybe if we'd used strong
peroxide ...

Rich.

[*] I'm guessing weights there because we never actually weighed
anything :-)

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk