[Gllug] Does anyone remember W98?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 19:39:19 UTC 2006

On 27/08/06, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > Unless you're being paid actual money, up front, I can't think why
> > you'd be supporting Windows 98 :)
>
> My mother's running it. I'm afraid I have no choice but to say `yes mum'
> when she asks :)
>
> --
> `In typical emacs fashion, it is both absurdly ornate and
>  still not really what one wanted.' --- jdev
> --

Nothing wrong with Windows 98 its still Microsofts best most used
operating system mind you that does not say anything really.
Its only 8 years old and its on the scrap heap :)
We still have several machines running W98 because they have to due to
W98 software and indeed I would love to upgrade our accounts machine
to XP but unfotunally the accounts department can't afford a new
computer due to cut backs and it will not let us upgrade it!

Peter
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk