[Gllug] Does anyone remember W98?

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Aug 27 22:41:09 UTC 2006

On Sunday 27 Aug 2006 20:25, Nix wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > Unless you're being paid actual money, up front, I can't think why
> > you'd be supporting Windows 98 :)
>
> My mother's running it. I'm afraid I have no choice but to say `yes mum'
> when she asks :)

I had that problem with my Father until his computer slowed to a craw and he
lost lots of "valuable" data that he hadn't backed up to some Word macro
virus.

I installed and configured Mandriva for him three years ago, and he hasn't
suffered the curse of Microsoft since.  He also got backup religion!  He now
does his own upgrades and administration.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk