[Gllug] How to emulate a scroll wheel on a laptop nipple or touchpad?

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 16:09:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 14:12 +0100, M.Blackmore wrote:
> Anyone any thoughts on how one can emulate a scroll wheel on a laptop
> (Dell 8200 Inspiron) which has a touchpad and a nipple?

Has it got a middle mouse button? You can probably use that in
combination with the nipple as a scroll wheel. And if the touchpad is
synaptics you should get scrolling on the edges.

Middle button scrolling with
	Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
	Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
in the relevant input device section of xorg.conf - or you can use
tp-scroll.

As for the touchpad, it just works for me so I don't know how to set ip
up...

Tom SW

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk