[Gllug] Configuring SPF to cope with secondary incoming mail servers

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Dec 5 07:51:34 UTC 2006

On 4 Dec 2006, Henrik Morsing spake thusly:
> Incidently, by far the biggest CPU user on my server and the same at
> my dad's work, is from SpamAssassin and to be honest SA it not even
> that good. How is a quick DNS lookup expensive?

It isn't, but if you're using Bayes then Bayes expiry may be kicking in
too often: with large Bayes databases it is a very computationally
intensive job.

Myself I have set `bayes_auto_expire 0', and run `sa-learn --force-expire'
nightly from cron.

--
`The main high-level difference between Emacs and (say) UNIX, Windows,
 or BeOS... is that Emacs boots quicker.' --- PdS