[Gllug] Subversion Repository Searcher

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 10:09:46 UTC 2006

On 05/12/06, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 3 Dec 2006, Russell Howe uttered the following:
>
> > On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 05:15:52PM +0000, Nix wrote:
> >> There's also also <http://pylucene.osafoundation.org/> :)
> >
> > Yeah, but who does serious stuff in a scripting language? :)
>
> Those Tcl nutters, but you know that they're like. (Tclishness
> is next to Lispliness, after all.)

I'm not so sure any more.....

Python, Ruby, Tk, and Perl are all strong enogh and fast enough now
for large apps, and have many advantages. Now we have loads of web
applications all written in Javascript, or php, asp etc all scripting
languages.

I only thing I dislike is the halfway house Java produces where its
neither compiled nor scripted. Its got all the disadvantages of
compiling and none of the advantages of scripting....

Being quite serious an os based in python where all you have is a
python interpriter is actually looking like quite a nice envornment
now... Bit like the old days with Spectrum Basic....

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk