[Gllug] KDE's Selected Text/Active Title Bar Colours Are Constantly Reverted in Mandriva 2007

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Dec 6 20:23:00 UTC 2006

On 4 Dec 2006, Shlomi Fish told this:
> Strangely enough when the applet is opened it displays it with the bad
> colours, and with the "Shlomif Default" scheme selected, but when I select a
> different scheme and revert "Shlomif Default", the colours I specified are
> restored. But they get reverted to the bad state again after KDE is running
> for a while.
>
> Note that only KDE apps are affected. The Gtk+ colours remain fine.

I'm not sure what X server version Mandrake 2007 is using, but if it's
1.1.99.*, you're probably suffering from X.org bug #6811.

There is a provisional sort-of-working patch, but if you're not
confident rebuilding your X server, you might want to set

Option	"MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"

in the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and see if that helps.

(This bug is not present in any other X server versions.)

--
`The main high-level difference between Emacs and (say) UNIX, Windows,
 or BeOS... is that Emacs boots quicker.' --- PdS