[Gllug] KDE's Selected Text/Active Title Bar Colours Are Constantly Reverted in Mandriva 2007

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Dec 7 10:05:21 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 22:23, Nix wrote:
> On 4 Dec 2006, Shlomi Fish told this:
> > Strangely enough when the applet is opened it displays it with the bad
> > colours, and with the "Shlomif Default" scheme selected, but when I
> > select a different scheme and revert "Shlomif Default", the colours I
> > specified are restored. But they get reverted to the bad state again
> > after KDE is running for a while.
> >
> > Note that only KDE apps are affected. The Gtk+ colours remain fine.
>
> I'm not sure what X server version Mandrake 2007 is using, but if it's
> 1.1.99.*, you're probably suffering from X.org bug #6811.

<<<
$ rpm -q xorg-x11
xorg-x11-7.1.0-6mdv2007.0

In any case, this bug is unlikely the cause of my problems. See here:

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2006-December/064353.html

For my further investigation.

> There is a provisional sort-of-working patch, but if you're not
> confident rebuilding your X server, you might want to set
>
> Option	"MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
>
> in the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and see if that helps.
>
> (This bug is not present in any other X server versions.)

That won't be necessary because it's probably not the problem I'm
encountering.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      shlomif at iglu.org.il