[Gllug] TFT Monitors

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 30 10:41:29 UTC 2006

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 09:47:35 +0000 Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday 30 December 2006 00:48, John G Walker wrote:
>
> > This is the sort of reason why I installed Linux - and then I have
> > all this interface shit (pardon my French) that makes me forget
> > about it. I've also forgotten how to look for the config file, so
> > please remind me,
>
> I'm using a Video7 19" inch with 1280x1204 (SXGA) on SuSE 10.2 again
> my monitor is not listed on the hardware list although the 17" inch
> is.
>
> I think you might be looking for /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> I'm always too scared to start messing there, copy the file to
> another location so you can put it back if it all ends in tears. :-)

I found xorg.conf, but don't exactly understand how it works. I knew it
was the correct place, since I was able to edit the manufacturer's and
model name succesfully. But I can't quite see how the monitor size
relates to the list of model sizes.

Anyone know where I can find where it's all explained?

--
 All the best,
 John