[Gllug] [OT] Appreciation

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Dec 15 13:52:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> the point is Gentoo hasn't got any major releases...
> and this fact brings it ahead of Debian

Really? So you never have to update your software (requiring time to
compile and test) and you never have to concern yourself that the update
to package x may cause problems with package y due to changed
dependancies, etc.?

Also sounds like you have never used Debian. The only time I do a full
install is when I commission a server. Thereafter I use apt-get to upgrade
and I have the benefit of knowing that the Debian policy police are
watching over the changes.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98