[Gllug] Recommendations for web hosting companies

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Dec 24 19:39:00 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 06:08:38PM +0000, Thomi Richards wrote:
> Like many of my fellow countrymen, I have recently relocated from New
> Zealand to the greater London area. I am looking for recommendations
> for decent web hosting companies for low volume corporate web sites.
>
> Let me define "decent":
>
> * Reasonable uptime.
> * Linux based (goes without saying really).
> * LAMP options available (I don't mind paying extra for these features).
>
> I've been looking at rackspace, but I don't need anything nearly as
> powerful as that.

Wasn't clear whether you wanted some sort of virtual machine set up,
or full co-location.  Nevertheless, we use Bytemark
(http://www.bytemark.co.uk/) for virtual machines and Exonetric
(http://www.exonetric.com/) for co-location and they are both
excellent.  I think both of them do both co-lo and VMs.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Internet Marketing and AdWords courses - http://merjis.com/courses - NEW!