[Gllug] Wireless encryption

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 27 10:46:16 UTC 2006

On Wed 27 Dec, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> what would you do if a neighbour comes with a long Network cable
> and ask you to give him Internet Access for whatever
>
> if you wouldn't than encrypt it...

   I receive enough junk mail to know that most users do not have a clue. I
do not wish to be disconnected, so my decision would be based on my
knowledge of the neighbour. Many houses near me have been sold, and are now
short-term let as rented rooms, so I have no idea who lives around here. I
recently changed to a HiPoint ADSL2+ router that comes with wireless and
four port ethernet as standard. I do not use wireless yet, but someone
started using the wireless link as soon as it was switched on.

--
Chris Bell