[Gllug] BT downed some 25k users on adsl yesterday - anyone know why?

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Fri Dec 8 20:39:23 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 13:40 +0000, Jason Clifford wrote:
> and their staff
> don't know what's actually happening.

Well, definitely got the feeling I was talking to an admin type "helping
out" to tell people there was a general problem, and didn't get any
feeling she was giving me a snow job about what had happened, so
probably simply she didn't really know what was up apart from saying tek
was tied up and it was all down to BT.

Perhaps I'll, just out of idle curiosity, ask what went on with tech
support hoping for a straight answer. Being a cooperative I think blunt
honesty about potential/experiential problems should be the right
approach (not implying anything untoward in this instance at all).