[Gllug] BT downed some 25k users on adsl yesterday - anyone know why?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Dec 8 13:40:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, M.Blackmore wrote:

> We're on Phone Cooperative adsl (ideological, not the cheapest around by
> any means) and a lot of their customers got stuffed when BT went down
> with some 25k users (not just phone coop apparently).

Usually when such a thing happens it affects us as we've got users all
over the country and we've not had any reports of problems.

Also there are no reports of a problem on adslguide (now called
thinkbroadband.com) where they would usually be reported.

Perhaps they have a problem with their BT Central pipe(s) and their staff
don't know what's actually happening.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98