[Gllug] [OT] Appreciation

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Tue Dec 19 22:51:11 UTC 2006

Jason Clifford writes:

>The SORBS filter was pulled and reconfigured this morning. Can anyone
>point to a free open relay dnsbl that's still operating? With ORDB
>shutting yesterday we had a hole in the spam protection.

Errr... no you didn't. External DNSBLs are a poor way to deal with
spam anyway. You blocked my legitimate mail, for a start[1]. So not
only were you attempting to block suspected spam, but you were getting
false positives to boot. Yaaay. Not.

Tet

[1] This was because my router had, for reasons best know to itself,
    decided to start NATing my outgoing traffic, and the NATed address
    appeared on the SORBS dynamic IP list.