[Gllug] Configuring SPF to cope with secondary incoming mail servers

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Dec 5 16:36:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Anthony Newman wrote:

> In general, it would be somewhat unreasonable (and possibly unethical)
> for mailing list software to forge headers simply to make SPF work where
> it otherwise fails because of poor design. I believe there are some
> crack-fuelled schemes to work around the inherent failure of SPF to cope
> with forwarding. None of these address the fact that SPF is a bit of a
> white elephant ;)

Mailing lists that properly set the source adress as the list have no
problems with it. Those that set it to the list user who posted (an act of
forgery) are the only instance where SPF has an "inherent failure to cope
with forwarding".

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG			Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/		  up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98