[Gllug] TFT Monitors

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sat Dec 30 21:30:32 UTC 2006

John G Walker writes:

>I'd have to go some of the way with you. Man pages are useful, but you
>need to have a bit of background knowledge to use them - not least,
>which ones exist and which don't

That's what the -k flag is for. To get a list of all the man pages
related to xorg, try:

	man -k xorg

As a general rule, any command you run, any config file you might need
to edit and every API call you might want to make should have a man
page. Sadly, the GNOME people don't seem to understand this, and so
you're generally out of luck if you're expecting sane documentation
for a GNOME app. But for most other things[1], the man pages are
usually pretty good.

Tet

[1] Since I don't tend to use many KDE apps, I can't say if the same
    thing applies there.