[Gllug] TFT Monitors

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Dec 30 19:33:21 UTC 2006

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:17:49 +0000 Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> On Saturday 30 December 2006 13:45, Tethys wrote:
>
> > Man pages exist for a reason, you know. See xorg.conf(5).
>
> In my experience man pages are pants! sure they're OK if you now what
> flags you need or what syntax to use but then if you knew those you
> wouldn't need a man page.

I'd have to go some of the way with you. Man pages are useful, but you
need to have a bit of background knowledge to use them - not least,
which ones exist and which don't

> John
>
> Do YAST-->Hardware--->Card & Monitor properties--->Change Montitor
>
> You should see a list of Monitors (Mine thinks its an (IGM L19FM)
> there are two other tabs 'Display Size' & 'Frequency' you can
> manipulate the display size and frequency from there if your manual
> for your monitor gives detailed specifications.
>
> If you get into trouble just run SAX2 from command line it will give
> you a quasi graphical mode to reset your monitor/display settings.

Thanks for the info. I suspect, from discussions elsewhere, on the web,
that the problem may be to do with the chipset in my graphics card. So
nothing I do with the configuration of my monitor is going to help.

Thanks also to all others who gave advice,

--
 All the best,
 John