[Gllug] Subversion Repository Searcher

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 1 10:29:36 UTC 2006

Steve Nelson wrote:
> One question concerns how to address the repository.  I don't want to
> have to check out the documents and then search them, or run a
> parallel database - but I am not sure how programatically to search
> objects inside a repository.
>
> Any ideas / suggestions?

while this does not really relate to your question directly.... svn has
nice python bindings that will let you do pretty much anything,
including trawl the repo for fluff...

if you cant run the 'tool' on the svn repo host machine, maybe a
mod_python driven web interface that can ? ( eg. Trac source is mostly
human parseable, and uses the svn_py bindings extensively )

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk