[Gllug] Subversion Repository Searcher

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 09:23:06 UTC 2006

On 01/12/06, Steve Nelson <sanelson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been asked to write a tool that will search documents in a
> subversion repository by keyword and return the document names which
> match.
>
> Is there some kind of plug-in that would do this?  Or will I have to
> write this myself?  The documents are word documents, but I already
> have code that will do regex matching on word documents.
>
> One question concerns how to address the repository.  I don't want to
> have to check out the documents and then search them, or run a
> parallel database - but I am not sure how programatically to search
> objects inside a repository.
>
> Any ideas / suggestions?

Hmm

You can access SVN via http. just point you web browser at the repository.

So you should be able to writing somthing in your favorate scripting
language to do the searching. Thats so long as your subversion
repositatry is stored using Web Dav which is normally true.

You might even be able to use a standard web searching engine there
are quite a few around.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk