[Gllug] Need to add company reg to web pages and emails?

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 22 09:22:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:40:53 +0000 (GMT) Jason Clifford
<jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> > Oh dear Jason, you fell for it :-)  Check the parent's signature...
>
> I never read signatures or disclaimers, etc.
>
> > Having said that it does seem that it may apply to .sig's.  After
> > all many email communications from Merjis could be taken as binding
> > and important notices.
>
> It will only apply to official documents in electronic form so if you
> send invoices, quotes, etc by email it applies to those. If you are
> in doubt just add a X-Stupid-Law header
>
> Jason

Presumably it will *not* apply to those emails that have a disclaimer
added under the main text. The point about these disclaimers is that
they are stating that the email is *not* an official document.

But the idea of writing the information in the headers is an
interesting one,

--
 All the best,
 John