[Gllug] Constrained virtual machines

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri Dec 1 10:40:39 UTC 2006

James Roberts wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> does vmware-server ( also, like vmware-player, free to download and
>> use ) not meet your requirement ?
>
> I think he has got that already. He wants fine-grained cpu and other
> resource control for testing. vmware-server only offers very crude cpu
> control (1 processor, 2 processors...) although the memory allocated can
> be fine-grained.

Yeah - what I'd like to be able to do is have a virtual-machine limited
to e.g. the speed of a 1GHz P4 with 512MB RAM and something that looks
like a single IDE disk. And then change all those parameters on the next
test run. And it needs to be *all* of them, otherwise the tests will be
unbalanced.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd