[Gllug] Whinges - was SwitchedOnUK

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 21:52:28 UTC 2006

James Roberts wrote:

> It's Friday. Aargh.
>
> I have just spent another hour on the phone to India. HP Technical Support.

HP technical support are incompetent - I recently bought two ProCurve
switches after asking a rep specifically whether they supported a
function I wanted, and being assured they did. Not only do they not do
what was promised, but HP support are so clueless that it took me 10
minutes on the phone trying to even get the concept across to a support
person who said "we support that", but was unable to provide any
information about how it could be configured.

Their kit is decently priced, and with support like that, perhaps it's
easy to see why.

Mike
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk