[Gllug] PDF wierdo

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 21:50:01 UTC 2006

I downloaded the Marks and Spencer annual report, as a pdf file, from
http://www2.marksandspencer.com/thecompany/investorrelations/annual_review06/index.shtml
and opened it with kpdf. No problem. It looked fine, every page
readable. But, when I printed it off, I got blank pages for everything
except the front and back of the report.

Same thing with kghostview and acrobat reader. All this using KDE under
Suse 10.1.

However, the exact same file printed okay using Acrobat Reader under
Windows 98SE.

I was using the same printer (a Magicolor 2300DL) in both cases. I
suppose it might be a driver problem under SuSE, but I can't think what
else it could be.

Anyone prepared to give it a try and let me know what happens? You only
have to print page 2 - if that works then you don't have my problem.
And there's no problem reading it from the screen,

--
 All the best,
 John