[Gllug] Poundhost colo

Alex A. Smith MCP asmith at asmhosting.com
Fri Dec 29 23:16:50 UTC 2006

>Henrik Morsing wrote:
>> Thanks Mart :)
>
>A sample of responses:
>
><snip>

I'll add to this that they recently had an outage of around 3 hours that
took out their whole datacenter due to a customer causing a broadcast
storm...

I haven't heard anything good about them, either at work from other hosts or
from their customers. They only use one main provider for transit
(Euroconnex) which is also owned by them and is appalling if you need your
data to get anywhere with any degree of reliability (90ms latency inside the
UK on average from what I have seen).

If you're looking at their Bluesquare stuff there are a number of other
people that do sell up there that are somewhat more reliable than PoundHost
- not sure about the pricing though (BS is going to be somewhat cheaper than
London though).

I'm not bashing them because I don't like them, the guys there seem to be
decent enough and they may be trying to fix issues, but it'd rather bash and
see someone not get burnt.

Alex