[Gllug] [OT] Asking to be spammed?

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Thu Dec 21 10:42:51 UTC 2006

> 15 years on and that address is still a special case in the sendmail
> rules and burns about 1GB of bandwidth a month. So if you don't want a
> permanent burden, don't attract spammers at all.  Ever.

For old addresses there's probably not much you can do.

What I've *started* doing now is to assign addresses to specific
subdomains that get created for the purpose  (i.e. my current sender
address is in a subdomain I'm using for mailing lists). Newer addresses
have a sub-domain per address - this has the advantage that if I want to
turn it off, I kill the sub-domain, and the spammer cannot even look up
the mx for that address any more...

Benedikt

   ALLIANCE, n.  In international politics, the union of two thieves who
     have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that
     they cannot separately plunder a third.
 			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)