[Gllug] [OT] Asking to be spammed?

Gundemarie Scholz spamyousilly at inbox.ru
Thu Dec 21 10:04:30 UTC 2006

Hong Chyr wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This is a bit off topic, but I'm currently testing a firewall with spam
> filter services, and is wondering if there's a site where I can trigger
> a deluge of spam my way, so to test the effectiveness of the spam
> filter? Is there such as service? or is this concept of spam filter
> testing completely wrong?

Ulrich Heidenreich is offering access to a spammed mailbox in this
newsgroup post:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/de.admin.net-abuse.mail/msg/9170ab0a47f6c91f
He requests though to leave the mails on the server for other people to
use, so you would have to configure your mail client accordingly.

I just checked, the mailbox is still active and receiving spam, contains
Expurgate headers though for spam marking already.

Daniel Rehbein is offering for a limited time a POP3 account or an MX
record to your own server or a dyndns subdomain that has been used for
receiving as much spam as possible,
http://www.mailbox-internet.de/spamtrap.html

Regards,
Gunde