[Gllug] sony ericsson mobiles & linux

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Feb 2 12:51:33 UTC 2006

On 2/2/2006, "Stuart Children" <stuart at terminus.co.uk> wrote:

>It supports IrMC and OBEX SyncML, so in theory something like MulitSync
>should be able to talk to it. However, I can't find anything definitely
>supporting the above model. I'm primarily interested in getting
>contact/phonebook and calendar data into desktop applications and back
>again.

Multisync is a fair way off yet...  This online calendar using SyncML
works brilliantly with my Nokia Symbian phone:
http://www.mobical.net/

>Something I can't find much information on is being able to control
>actual phone services from my PC. So for example sending text messages,
>or using my computer-connected speakers/mic on a call.

Almost certainly sending/receiving SMS will be some kinda proprietary
crap.  Using computer for calls should be doable, though I've never
done it.  Most people do the reverse, use the mobile phone for VOIP from
the computer.

Linux info for Bluetooth is REALLY BAD!  This page, the first hit for
google "linux bluetooth" is particularly bad -- much of the
information is obsolete, but there's no indiciation of such:
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net