[Gllug] ping

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Feb 8 17:46:09 UTC 2006

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006, Dani Pardo murmured woefully:
> En/na Ryan Cartwright ha escrit:
>> Martyn Drake wrote:
>> <snip>
>>  > I've *never* liked  MessageLabs.  I had to
>>
>>> use various RBL checkers to find out whether  the SMTP server was blacklisted and it was ONLY listed in SpamCop.
>>>
>> I was once considering using MessageLabs when I got a phone call from them.
>
>   RBL lists are a good idea, but the thing has get so bad that I've stoped using it.
>    Some of them consider spam all mail comming from the whole ADSL IP
>    addresses,

You appear to believe that RBLs are `indications of spam'.

They are not: they are means of classifying IP addresses, that is all.
Some of them classify IP addresses as dynamic-or-static; merely because
an address appears on such an RBL does *not* mean that it is spam;
it merely means that *if* it is spam, tracking the message back to its
source may be difficult.

>               so I was forced (not much time ago) to use my ISP as the
>    relay of all outgoing mail, because one of our customers were using
>    one of those RBL that told them not to accept our mail.  BTW,

Your customer needs a clue transplant.

--
`... follow the bouncing internment camps.' --- Peter da Silva
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk