[Gllug] sony ericsson mobiles & linux

Adam Bower adam at thebowery.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 20:05:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:44:25PM +0000, Stuart Children wrote:

> Whilst I'm happy to hear any comments about the phone in general, I was
> particularly interested in how much of it I'll be able to play with from
> Linux (for which the supplied software isn't available).

I've got a K750i but "branded" by Vodafone, the main problem I had with
it when trying to sync it with multisync via bluetooth was that the
phone would crash and corrupt the phone book and the todo list etc. etc.
I have no idea if the problem was with the phone or multisync, but given
that I've used multisync with no problem with other phones (including SE
phones) I'd say it was a problem with the phone, of course Vodafone
branding may not be helping here.

I've not tried again recently (the first experiments were 6 months ago
when I first got the phone) but perhaps when I have a free weekend I
will give it another go.

The mass storage part works fine btw, and I've not tried to do dialup
via GPRS etc. etc. with it.

Thanks
Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li