[Gllug] sony ericsson mobiles & linux

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 20:40:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 20:05 +0000, Adam Bower wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:44:25PM +0000, Stuart Children wrote:
> >
> > Whilst I'm happy to hear any comments about the phone in general, I was
> > particularly interested in how much of it I'll be able to play with from
> > Linux (for which the supplied software isn't available).
>
> I've got a K750i but "branded" by Vodafone, the main problem I had with
> it when trying to sync it with multisync via bluetooth was that the
> phone would crash and corrupt the phone book and the todo list etc. etc.
> I have no idea if the problem was with the phone or multisync, but given
> that I've used multisync with no problem with other phones (including SE
> phones) I'd say it was a problem with the phone, of course Vodafone
> branding may not be helping here.

FWIW, I have a S-E K700i. I also have a Palm Tungsten T3, and palmOne
advertise this as a compatible phone. Catch it, it doesn't actually work
properly. After finding a friend with the same phone, which does work
properly with my T3, I'm pretty sure that the T-Mobile branding on mine
has screwed up the bluetooth somehow. Needless to say, that's the last
branded phone I'll be getting...

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk