[Gllug] Archaological computing

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 01:03:08 UTC 2006

So, I've been clearing through some of my assorted electronic junk, and
have a few things to get rid of.... So, if anyone on this list would
like:-

A Sun SparcClassic

http://www.obsolyte.com/sun_lx/

A 50Mhz microSPARC based machine with internal 540Mb SCSI disk, 64Mb (I
think, can't quite remember) memory, 8 bit audio.

A DEC Multia

http://www.obsolyte.com/dec/multia/

166Mhz Alpha AXP CPU, VGA graphics, PCMCIA, one 32bit PCI slot, network,
SCSI. No hard disk, but can take an external SCSI disk (SE) or can mount
an internal 2.5" (laptop) SCSI disk.

If anyone would like either of these antiques, and is willing to collect
them, drop me a mail off list. I'm not going to be using them again, but
both will run Linux, and you can certainly install at least Solaris
2.5.1 on the Sparc. I think I even have a framebuffer for the Sparc
somewhere, though you'll need a Sun 13W3 connector to use that - last
time I played with it it was with a serial console.

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk