[Gllug] recommendations for webmail software?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 20:33:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 20:08 +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 07:50:57PM +0000, Benedikt Heinen wrote:
> >
> > I need to find myself some webmail software for my server, and I'm curious
> > as to whether anyone here might have some recommendations?
>
> Use Imp - part of horde -- www.horde.org

Try Squirrelmail - it's nicely packaged for Debian. I've used Imp in the
past, and disliked it because it has no IMAP support itself - it relies
no your compiling PHP against the C-client libs, which means you
generally can't use distribution provided Apache/PHP packages.

Another option, which I've no personal experience with, but I'm
interested in, is RoundCube. This is an AJAX app with a very nice
interface, and could be the way to go in future.

Mike

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk