[Gllug] just a quick question

Dani Pardo dani at enplater.com
Wed Feb 15 17:33:37 UTC 2006

Christian wrote:
>> When you show them that with
>>bash you can use the arrow to go back in command history, they almost
>>cry in illusion.
>
> Then they are stupid. Download bash for them from sunfreeware.

  Hehe.. well, at this point it must say that I like to exaggerate
pretty much[1]. I meant they find it a cool feature. Btw, I haven't been
able to use the arrow under ksh in Solaris (?).

> You mean SPARCclassic? If ever there was a good advert for SUN hardware,
> it was the old lunchbox workstations. If they are still running them 24/7
> in production, it's 'cos they do the job in hand. If it ain't broke...

   Yep, an Sparc Classic. I don't mean to seem I don't like Suns. I
really like them much. And they tech service is the best I've seen.

   The rant I wrote this morning was probably due to being repeatedly
sodomized by several comercial providers of buggy and overpriced
products (hardware and software too). My apologies if I said something
inconvenient O:)

[1] As when I talked about Cobol. I've got much respect for Cobol. In
fact, at our company we're still using Cobol :)

Dani Pardo, dani at enplater.com
Enplater S.A
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk