[Gllug] Emacs macro to do a replace-regexp

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Feb 18 21:30:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Tethys stated:
> Yep, busy here too. Now admittedly, with the problems I've been having
> this week, I'm not convinced people should be calling on me for assistance
> anyway.

Given my performance late last month, I agree with you.

>         But that's mostly been down to the braindead design of SATA, rather
> than anything else.

In my case it was mostly down to my belief that antistatic wrist straps
did a fucking thing. One dead machine later I vow to never touch computer
hardware without rubber gloves on.

>                     Sigh. But at least I'm back up and on the net again
> now.

Likewise (if damaged by bad RAM for ~3 weeks --- that now seems to be
cured. Thankfully my desk is made of wood so I can safely say that
as I'm touching wood constantly.)

> pvmove, I think I love you.

Likewise, following a pvmove of critical data onto a network block
device when amaterasu's disks started to fail...

--
`... follow the bouncing internment camps.' --- Peter da Silva
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk