[Gllug] Linux support options

Richard richard_c at tpg.com.au
Mon Feb 27 16:11:16 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> <snip>
> would you care to explain what you mean by running 'Redhat - to
> satisfy a vendor requirement' without paying Redhat for anything ?

Redhat software is free, but support is very dear indeed - so RH can be
used (I believe) without having to pay Redhat a penny, provided you
don't want support/patches/etc. Other vendors (BEA, Oracle, etc.) will
only support their own software in certain circumstances, which
typically include specific operating system releases.

Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk